FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 12, 2001
BERKSHIRE HATHAWAY INC.
ACQUIRES MITEK INC.
Omaha, Nebraska and St. Louis, Missouri ¾ Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (NYSE: BRK.A and BRK.B) and MiTek Inc. announced today that they have entered into agreements with Rexam PLC to acquire Rexam’s wholly owned subsidiary, MiTek Inc. and affiliated entities. Upon the closing of the transactions which is expected to occur within 30-60 days, Berkshire will acquire 90% of MiTek and existing management of MiTek will acquire the remaining 10%.
MiTek, headquartered in Chesterfield, Missouri, USA, is the world’s leading provider of steel connector products, design engineering software and ancillary services for the global building components market.
Berkshire Hathaway is a holding company owning subsidiaries engaged in a number of diverse business activities, the most important of which is the property and casualty insurance business conducted on both a direct and reinsurance basis.
* * * * * *